Big Veda

In Hinduism, a Veda is a knowledge or truth writing. I don't pretend that this stuff is anything more than rumination. But through writing it I find a bit of knowledge or truth. Hope you find some truth too. PAX

14.10.05

Spectator to the past

I hold in my hand an old book entitled "Abridged Treasury of Prayers". It was published in 1930 by Concordia Publishing House in St. Louis, MO, a Lutheran Church M.S. publisher. This small volume (3"x5"; 150 pages) contains in it an inscription that reads:

Mrs. Gertrude Ludwig
The Savior's Blessing
attend you always is
the wish of your pastor
Walter J. Luecke
Feb. 10, 1946

I don't know who these people were. Neither does my father, who gave me the book.

I can't help but wonder, though, how Mrs. Ludwig used this book of prayers and how it may have drawn her nearer to God. Just thinking...

PAX

E

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home